The proper evaluation of a site’s surface and subsurface geology is imperative to provide input for designing compatible ground/structure interaction for residential to commercial to large-scale excavations and /or underground openings associated with resource recovery projects.
The complex nature of the geologic environment and specific geologic formations within Arizona often produce significant development constraints if identified during planning and design stages of a project.
- Rock Mechanics
- Slope Stability Analysis of Rock and Soil Slopes (Including Experience with Deterministic and Probabilistic Methods)
- Application and Assessment of Geotechnical Instrumentation and Displacement Monitoring
- Surface and Underground Geological Mapping
- Arizona Geologic Mapping Database
- Rock Mass Strength Estimation
- Overburden Embankments and Rock Fills (Strength, Permeability, Settlement Properties and Stability)
- Tailings Impoundments
- Leach Pads
- Optimization of Blast Designs and Blast Vibration Analysis
- Hydrogeologic Design and Evaluation