W. Kevin Walker, P.E. is a multi-discipline geotechnical and materials engineering firm.
Services are provided to both the public and private sector. Private clients include owners, developers, a variety of industry and commercial retailers.
W. Kevin Walker, P.E. also provides team planning and design support to architects, consulting engineers, and contractors to aid in their planning, design and construction quality control measures. Effective team-work is only possible in an atmosphere of close cooperation and communication between members of any engineering team. The importance of this high level of teamwork is emphasized at W. Kevin Walker, P.E.
Common geotechnical constraints to projects include consideration of steep natural slopes, hard rock, moisture sensitive soils, and soils prone to expansion or compression (consolidation and or collapse-prone sites).
- Soils Reports
- Soil Mechanics
- Foundation Design
- Lateral Earth Pressures
- Rock Walls (aka Boulder Stack, Rockery Walls)
- Settlement Analysis
- Pavement Design and Traffic-ability Studies
- Expert Field Investigations
- Forensic Investigations / Expert Witness
- Application and Assessment of Structure Displacement Monitoring
- Experience with Areas Prone to the Occurrence of Collapse and Swell Susceptible Soils
- Knowledge and Experience with the “Pantano Formation”/”Type-I Red Bed” Clays Located in the Foothills of the Santa Catalina and Rincon Mountain
- Knowledge and Experience with Clays of the Tucson Mountains